By getting to know you and your business we aim to become a valuable member of your team. We always aim to exceed your expectations and go that step further.
Tax returns, investigations and compliance
Under self assessment, individuals, businesses and companies are responsible for correctly calculating, returning and paying their own tax liabilities. At the same time tax legislation has never been more complex and our aim is to minimise your time spent on this process.
Our experienced and highly qualified team will ensure that your tax affairs are handled in an efficient, timely manner, reducing your involvement in the compliance process thereby leaving you free to concentrate on your business or personal affairs.
Our team of tax advisers are able to advise companies, businesses, individuals, trusts and pension schemes across all aspects of direct taxation, VAT, Stamp Duty and Stamp Duty Land Tax.
Our practical solutions and advice will ensure that your affairs are structured in the most tax efficient manner.
Our tax advisory team advise clients regularly in the following areas:-
Business Tax Planning
- Ensuring all available reliefs, deductions and concessions are utilised so as to ensure that the minimum tax is paid on trading and rental profits for individuals, partnerships, LLPs and companies. For example claims for:
- Research and Development tax credits,
- Capital Allowances,
- Group Relief.
- Business amalgamations, de-mergers, corporate restructuring, groups and overseas activities.
- Succession Planning
- Remuneration planning, PAYE and Benefit in Kind planning, termination payments and employee share and share options such as the Enterprise Management Incentive Scheme.
Tax Planning for Individuals and Trusts
- Advising individuals and families of their potential exposure to inheritance tax and advising on ways in which to minimise this potential liability. This often includes advice on drafting a tax efficient will or wills.
- Trusts are an easy and tax efficient way to set aside assets for future beneficiaries outside of the inheritance tax net. We can advise on the most suitable type of trust to fulfil your wishes, assist in setting up the trust and provide the full range of tax and accounting services required for trust management.
- Capital gains tax planning for individuals, trusts and companies.
- Retirement and Pension planning
- Whether you are a property developer or investor we advise on buying and selling property, raising finance, and structuring your property portfolio for UK and overseas property. See our property advice service page for full details of this service.
Many limited companies and other entities are required by law to have their accounts audited. We are Registered Auditors and have experience in a wide range of businesses, from small family-owned companies to large organisations.
Our audit services aim to provide you with confidence in the accuracy of your financial statements, and assurance as to the efficiency and effectiveness of your accounting procedures and internal controls.
Accounts preparation is a core part of our business and we pride ourselves on being able to meet your needs promptly and efficiently. Our services include:
- management accounts, monthly or quarterly
- statutory accounts to comply with Companies Act requirements
- consolidated accounts for groups of companies
- bespoke reports for subsidiaries of overseas companies
- accounts for partnerships and sole traders
- budgets and cash flow forecasts
Our bookkeeping department takes the strain out of routine accounting, allowing you to concentrate on your business. By using our bookkeeping service, you can offload all the hassle of managing your financial records.
Our dedicated payroll department can provide weekly or monthly payroll services, dealing with PAYE, NIC, Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity Pay, Student Loans and Working Family Credits.
Business and Corporate Tax
We relieve you of the administrative burden of complying with tax legislation and help you minimise your corporation tax payments. We deal with all business tax matters, including preparing income and / or corporation tax computations and preparing and submitting the relevant self-assessment returns.
VAT (Value Added Tax) is one of the most complex taxes imposed on business and one that many businesses inadvertently overpay or underpay. With a constant stream of detailed changes to the regulations, businesses can find it difficult to ensure they comply.
We provide a cost effective VAT service and work with a wide variety of businesses, providing varying levels of support from general advice to VAT return completion. We have helped many of our clients to reduce VAT assessments and minimise their VAT liabilities.
We have extensive expertise in company incorporation, compliance and administration, and can provide a valuable company secretarial service to companies of all sizes. We can help you to comply with your statutory obligations under the Companies Act and ensure you avoid any penalties for late filing of annual returns, accounts and other documents.
A key service we offer to clients is in the area of taxation planning, aimed at minimising your future tax liabilities. In addition to providing the normal compliance services including Self Assessment Returns, we can offer advice on: Inheritance Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Benefits in Kind, Employee Pay Schemes and the use of Trusts.
We can help you to decide on the best accountancy and payroll package to suit your business.
Most people who start up in business do so because they have a good business proposition. We can help by evaluating your ideas and helping you develop them into a viable business.
We will help you:
- decide on the most suitable structure for your business (i.e. sole trader, partnership, limited liability partnership or limited company)
- prepare a business plan, cash flow projections, budgets and trading forecasts
- assess your finance requirements and advise on the most appropriate source of finance
- help you establish relationships with banks and solicitors and any other necessary professional advisers
- carry out registration procedures with Companies House and H M Revenue & Customs
- set up an internal accounting system
We offer a full review of your IHT and estate position with a view to minimising the overall Inheritance Tax liability. We will ensure that you make the best use of all of the available IHT reliefs and allowances.